March 01, 2012

Blog Tag - I'm It!

Wow...LONG week.
This would normally be a "Thankful Thursday" post but I've had either a really bad cold or the flu this week and haven't had the energy to even read blogs, let alone post on mine.

But...over the past few weeks, I've been tagged by a few of my friendly, neighbourhood bloggers and since I don't want them to think I'm ignoring the kind attention they've paid to my little blog by tagging me, I figured I'd better get up off my butt and post something!

Thanks to Linda at My Crafty Home-Life, Rosa at Flutter Flutter, Tiffany at Worthwhile Domicile and Martina from Adventures in Building Beauty for tagging me and being such lovely, bloggy friends :)
This game of tag involves answering 11 questions posted by each blogger and then coming up with 11 more questions to ask another group of bloggers. Since I'm pretty certain you don't have the time or interest in reading my answers to 44 questions, I'll just do what Rosa did and answer my favourites from each of the above bloggers' lists. Hope that works for everyone!

Without further ado, here are my answers:

1) What is your guilty pleasure?
Definitely the Bachelor/Bachelorette programs. I can't even believe I'm admitting to that, and I tell my husband before EVERY new season that I definitely won't watch this one because it's such a lame show/waste of time/I really should be reading or filing my nails or some other more useful thing, but I get sucked in each time. And as much as my hubby likes to mock the show, he often ends up sitting with me on the couch making fun of Chris Harrison for announcing the "final rose" each time and enjoying the train wreck that is each season. What is wrong with us?

2) High heels or flats?
Definitely flats. I have a back problem and wearing heels always results in days on end of needing muscle relaxants and sometimes even narcotic pain medication. So to avoid that, I almost always wear flats. And by flats I mean the most comfortable shoes I can possibly find. Not always pretty, but neither is limping around, hunched over like Yoda with a cane.

3) East Coast/West Coast - where would you choose to vacation or travel?
Hmmm...this is a tough one. I have spent quite a bit of time on both coasts and they both have really big draws for me. But since the east coast is the most similar to the area where I live now, I'll say the west coast. I LOOOOOVE Vancouver Island. It is my favourite place of everywhere I've ever been (which, admittedly is not an extensive list) but I think will stay at the top of my list for a long time to come. If you've never been, it's worth a visit. It's stunningly beautiful and has so much to offer. My husband and I always say if we won the lottery, we'd buy a house on Chesterman Beach (just outside Tofino) because it's such a great combination of wild, beautiful beaches, powerful surf, gorgeous trees and mountainous surroundings.

Chesterman Beach B&B

4) White wine or red?
Definitely white. My favourite right now is Kim Crawford Sauvingon Blanc from New Zealand.



5) Do you have a favourite quote?
Quite a few, actually. Here are two:
Because I don't believe anyone has all the answers: "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy."- Shakespeare (Hamlet)
And...
Because I think this is true for almost everyone and I believe we're ALL capable of great things: "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our Light, not our Darkness, that most frightens us." - Marianne Williamson


6) City or Country
Probably city, although I really want to have a country property one day so I can raise chickens. Seriously.


7) Chocolate - Milk, Dark or White?
Easy...milk chocolate.

8) When eating out, do you play it safe and order something familiar or do you prefer to try something new?
While I live on the edge and try something new every once in a while, I'm definitely more a "play it safe" kind of gal. Nothings bugs me more than paying for dinner at a restaurant and not enjoying it. I tend to try more outside the box things when I cook myself.

9) Do you prefer dogs or cats?
I love cats, but my husband is allergic to them so we have a dog. I do love him dearly, but don't enjoy training a dog. This is our doggie:






10) What chore do you hate?
Really? I have to pick just one? OK laundry. Only because it is never finished. 


11) Summer, Fall, Winter or Spring?
Fall and Spring. Winter and Summer (at least where I live - although not this winter) are too extreme for me. I love the colours and temperatures we have here in Spring and Fall and, I guess because I'm a photographer, I love the quality of the light created by the sun's position in the sky during those months


Now I'm supposed to tag 11 more bloggers and ask them to answer a set of 11 new questions. Problem is, everyone I would tag has already been tagged...or tagged me! So while I hate to be the game-killer, I think I'll reserve the right to come back to this once I've found a new set of blogs to follow and include in the game.


And now, back to bed for a while...I'll need all the energy I can get to catch up on all the blog reading I've missed this week :)

10 comments:

  1. I adore the west coast, Tofino particularly! (if only it wasn't so darn expensive there!) Hope you're feeling 100% better & energized soon Janet, the flu can be such a pain when it knocks you down like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Vancouver Island! I lived in Nanaimo until I was 18, and spent many a summer in Tofino (I also have family in Ucluelet).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on chore hating! ;) I'm pretty sure we stayed at that B&B on our honeymoon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for not tagging me, again. LOL. I love that Marianne Williamson quote, and have not heard it in years. Now, more than ever, I find it to be true. Your dog is such a love. I might need to try that wine, although I am usually...red, red, or red.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just tagged you ........ I think this game has gone crazy. It won't hurt my feelings if you don't play ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry to hear that you've been sick...but can totally relate. These tag games are fun, but like you, I found it difficult to tag other bloggers that weren't already tagged (or that would actually participate).

    I'm with you on the fall/spring thing. The summer where I live is ridiculously humid and gross. Actually the winters aren't too bad here. I pretty much just hate summer. That sounds so sad.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I found your blog through @thestuccobungalow and was thrilled when on the first post I read I saw a picture of Tofino. It's my happiest place on earth. We'll be spending two weeks at Christmas in a house on Chesterman Beach, and I'm actually trying to find a way to move there in the next 3-5 years.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Since I totally BITE IT at blog awards and tags, I am lucky I didn't get tagged. I barely get my hair brushed in the morning :))
    After reading your post, I am once again convinced that we may be twin sisters separated at birth. We need to make a date this summer in my treehouse. We must. We must !!! We will have so much fun!!
    Get better soon!
    I have you in my Google Reader, and boy oh boy, I just LOVE reading your blog.
    Big love
    Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lori Morrison3/05/2012 1:36 am

    Glad I found your blog over at One House One Couple....nice to find a new blog to follow. I hope you stop by and follow back so we can stay connected. Nice to meet you, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  10. If you do ever come out this way - let me know. We could meet for a glass of amazing BC white wine. Maybe a Gheringer or my fave Wild Goose. Get well soon, and PS I love your dog he's working it in that pic.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment here: Love to hear what you think :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...